As stated above, after the application is reviewed, an email will be sent to regarding the approval status. If approval is granted, it’s time to promote the event. An electronic version of the flyer, and/or printed copies will be provided. Promoting ideas are as follows:
- Mail or hand the flyers out to members of the community at church, schools, friends and family
- Use social media: Facebook and Twitter, post the flyer on the organization’s Web site, send it via email.
- Talk to local community radio hosts and ask for help to expose the event to the public.
- Get the local Chamber of Commerce on board too!
- Ask friends and family to help get the word out and invite people.
Remember, the more people invited guests, the more successful the organization will be at reaching its fundraising goals.